Breakthrough Cancer Research is a proactive and driven cancer research charity and funder of patient-focused research. We inspire and enable financial support for exceptional research into cancer, leading to more effective treatments for patients with the hardest to treat cancers. We are solely reliant on the generosity of the public to fund our vital work.
The stakes in our mission are so great and we cannot become emotionally removed from those patients and families who are counting on us, so we seek a warm, friendly, organised and passionate, Community & Events Fundraiser to join our growing team.
Overall Job Description:
Salary: Competitive (depending on experience)
Hours: Full Time (37.5 hours Monday to Friday with some flexibility to work weekends where necessary)
Period: Fixed term for 1 year with the possibility of extension
Starting date: March 2022 or earlier
Holidays: 24 days
Reporting to: Fundraising Manager
Community & Events fundraising is a vital part of how funds are raised for Breakthrough Cancer Research. Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the successful candidate will recruit, coordinate and oversee community fundraising through a variety of both in-person and virtual events such as marathons, mini-marathons, sponsored cycles, hikes as well as ad hoc events and fundraisers organised in the community. Facebook Challenge Fundraising is a relatively newer area of fundraising where supporters sign up for a challenge such as our 310,000 Steps in March Challenge and join a Facebook Group to do it along with lots of other people. At the heart of the success of our fundraising model is a Facebook Group that acts as the hub of the event and is an amazing community to be part of. In this new, innovative role, you will be responsible for leading our Facebook Groups for our virtual events.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Lead and moderate our Facebook Groups to ensure they are a happy, friendly place to be for our community of Facebook challenge supporters.
- Engage with supporters’ posts in the group, from answering questions, welcoming new members to helping create a supportive and happy community.
- Post interesting/engaging posts in the group that help inspire the community, including scheduling posts ahead of time.
- Manage group champions to ensure there is engaging content already in the group before we go live with recruiting for registrations.
- Administer communications to registered group members from welcome packs to thank you letters.
- Proactively creating FAQs to help group members.
Community Events and Challenges:
- Recruit and coordinate fundraisers for a calendar of existing community challenges and events such as the marathons, mini-marathons, cycles, triathlons
- Exemplify the highest standards of donor care through effective communication from recruitment through to completion, acknowledging the support and fundraising efforts of our supporters and the gratitude of the charity
- Administer and reconcile donations received through 3rd party fundraising platforms such as iDonate, Just Giving, GoFundMe, etc.
- Co-ordination of volunteers, permits, collection materials, etc. for flag days and street collections
- Actively develop new relationships within the community through clubs and schools.
- Working with the Fundraising Manager you will support the corporate fundraising efforts particularly in the coordination of staff-led events and internal fundraisers.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a fundraising/business development role.
- An excellent communicator, with the capability to confidently build and develop positive working relationships.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team in a high-paced and high-delivery environment.
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines, and well-versed in working in a busy varied work environment with multiple clients/ projects.
- Enjoy being on Facebook and an advocate of social media.
- Beneficial to have an active Facebook account (3+ years) and be managing or have managed a Facebook Group in the past two years.
- Previous and proven successful experience in an administrative or data entry role.
- An incredible eye for detail, and consistency in delivering administrative tasks.
- Experience using Salesforce would be advantageous.
Closing Date: 5:00 pm on Monday 31st January 2022
References required following a successful interview process.