Corporate giving has already played a huge part in our successes of bringing eight new treatments from the lab to clinical trial.
We will discuss your aims and ambitions and work closely with you to develop and support your CSR goals; to bring employees together with a sense of purpose, engagement, connection, impact and reward; to raise funds and have lots of fun at the same time!
To discuss a corporate partnership or to find out how your company can get involved with Breakthrough Cancer Research, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
“Awareness isn’t enough – we need research to find the cure and that’s why we’ve teamed up with Breakthrough Cancer Research. It’s an opportunity to invest in the scientists that will work to find it and every milestone we hit means an extra person can be hired to that team so they get to that cure faster.”
~ Sarah Argue, Qualtrics
This is the most popular way for corporate partners support Breakthrough. We have partners who host once-off nationwide charity days in all of their branches and other partners who organise monthly events in specific stores. What will your staff choose to do? We’ll support them every step of the way.
Breakthrough was the most important charity Voxpro picked! It was selected by a team survey but they made sure to come onsite to not only engage and educate about the charity but also recognise the hard work and effort that goes into a partnership like this. They showed they valued their time off and commitment.
~ Linda Kiely, Co-Founder Voxpro
- Breakthrough has been fortunate to have had the support of amazing volunteers throughout the years.
- We would be thrilled to speak with you about how volunteers from your company can give their time and share their skills to help cancer research.
- We have a variety of events, conferences and flag days where volunteers are always needed and welcome.
- Some employees are always able to use their expertise to help with certain specialist projects. Talk to our corporate team today about how we can match volunteering opportunities with the skills, expertise and availability of your employees.
I have been delighted to assist Breakthrough with a number of events and volunteering opportunities over the years from everything like helping with event registration at a quiz night, stewards at the Ring of Kerry Charity Cycle, manning a water station at a hiking event and most recently a golf classic. I find it a great way to support cancer research in my community using my volunteered time off.
Regular monthly giving is a vital part of the funds raised for Breakthrough each year. Some of our corporate partners allow their employees to set up a regular small donation which is given automatically through their payroll each month. Talk to us about how to set up this type of scheme with your company and how tax efficient giving can allow those making a monthly gift over €21 per month to also allows us to claim a tax refund from their donation at no cost to them.
Also if your company decides to contribute alongside your staff, this contribution is tax deductible.
Breakthrough Cancer Research is fortunate to have a variety of companies facilitating employee gifts to cancer research through payroll giving. In some cases these monthly contribution are given directly by the company while others use third party platforms to facilitate such donations.
Talk to us today about setting us payroll giving in your company.
~ Eoghan O’Sullivan, Campaigns Manager, Breakthrough Cancer Research
Matched giving is a great way to incentivise employees to go the extra mile with their fundraising efforts, boost their engagement and double their impact. It is also possible for your company to get tax back on donations over €250 – claiming a deduction for the donation as if it were a trading expense reducing your corporation tax bill.
We organised a hike for Breakthrough Cancer Research in Wicklow a few years ago and were thrilled that our company matched all of the funds raised. The following year the number of participants went from 25 to 150 knowing the impact of this fun event. It meant that our hike which was great for team building also had a huge impact on the cancer research they fund. Cancer affects every one of us so we all wanted to give back.
~ Ed Hurrell, Salesforce
Sponsor an event
- Each year we run a variety of exciting fundraising and public education events. We would not be able to run many of these events without sponsorship.
- Sponsoring a Breakthrough Cancer Research event can work in many different ways, bringing a host of benefits such as increasing brand awareness, generating positive PR for your company, staff engagement and showing commitment to your local community.
We decided to sponsor Breakthrough Cancer Research’s annual Golf Classic several years ago. Cancer is something which sadly impacts us all but we have been fortunate to see first hand some of the incredible cancer research they have been funding in our neighbouring university.
~ Ruairi O’Connor, General Manager, The River Lee Hotel, part of The Doyle Collection
- Marketing partnerships linked to specific products are an amazing way of raising awareness of cancer research, whilst raising much-needed funds.
- One in two of us will experience cancer at some point in our lifetime, so many of your customers will know someone affected. Your support to raise awareness of the issue could save and change lives.
- Breakthrough Cancer Research is lucky to have some great long-standing partnerships in this area, but we are very keen to develop this part of our work.
- If you are interested in working with us on a marketing campaign, please click here to complete our enquiry form or email email@example.com
We were thrilled to feature the cutting edge research that Breakthrough makes possible in our annual Giving for Living Radiothon. The three-day radiothon showcases the different aspects of cancer care, support and research and Breakthrough’s research is something the public always respond to. We have all lost people we love to cancer and everyone knows that research is the only way we are going to change that