Be part of Breakthrough’s fight against cancer!
You can show your support in many ways including organising your own fundraising event, volunteering your time, skills and experience to help us. We have many opportunities for you to get involved, including:
- Organising your own fundraising event with family or friends can be great fun and extremely rewarding. No matter how big or small your fundraising idea is, you will be helping a very worthy cause and positively impacting cancer patients' lives.
- We have also prepared flyers and posters for you to print which will help you to promote your event. Click here to download a flyer and here for a poster.
- We have prepared a helpful booklet for you to download here, which explains what your event will raise funds for, gives hints and tips on running and promoting your event, along with information on lodging funds.
- The Fundraising Team at Breakthrough Cancer Research are on hand to help you in every way possible, from materials to marketing your event. If you have any queries or require any assistance, please contact us on +353 21 4226655 email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Best of luck with your event and thank you for supporting cancer research.Donate Now
Our volunteers are invaluable to Breakthrough Cancer Research. Without their dedication, offering time and support, we would not be able to raise vital funds to advance and deliver new cancer treatments for patients.
No matter how much, or how little time you have to spare, we’re always looking for helpful and reliable volunteers to join our team. Whatever your motivation, you can be sure your efforts will make a real contribution in our fight against cancer.
Volunteering with Breakthrough Cancer Research is a great way to meet new people and do something gratifying at the same time.
We have many opportunities for volunteers to get involved, including:
- office administration – mail shots, data entry, call downs
- assisting with the organisation of fundraising events
- assisting with church gate and street collections
- selling Breakthrough Cancer Research Christmas cards / CDs / raffle tickets
- organising your own fundraising events
- spreading the word at work or to your family and friends about the groundbreaking work being carried out at Breakthrough Cancer Research
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer for Breakthrough Cancer Research please call us on LoCall 1890 998 998 or email email@example.com.
We are an Irish medical cancer research charity focused on funding cancer research to improve cancer care and survival. We want to make sure that we continue to support research that is important for patients and their families.
So, we are asking you, members of the public, for your opinion. You do not need to have been affected by cancer to take part.
What would taking part involve for me?
We want people to give their opinion. You can do this in several ways, such as, taking part in discussion groups with other interested people, or after a short training course (3 hours) give your opinion on research ideas or information campaigns. This would involve giving some of your time voluntarily.
If you would like to take part, please complete this form (Public-Patient Involvement in Research Form). There are no right and no wrong answers.
If you have any questions, please contact us:
"It is important the direction of our research remains applied. Thus we will not become emotionally removed from those afflicted by cancer and ensure it is the patients and their families who benefit from our research endeavours."
How to Leave a Legacy
It’s so easy to leave a gift in your will
Having a will ensures that what you own goes directly to the people and causes you care most about. If, like many of our supporters, you have already chosen to remember Breakthrough Cancer Research in your will, we are honoured and want to say a heartfelt thank you.
We suggest that you speak to your solicitor to make sure that your wishes can be carried out in the way you would like. We’re always here to answer any questions you may have about including a gift to Breakthrough Cancer Research.
A pecuniary gift in a will is a gift of a specific sum. Remember, any amount, whatever you can afford after family and friends are taken care of, is priceless in the battle to fight cancer.
‘I give the sum of €__ to Breakthrough Cancer Research and I direct that the Treasurer or other proper officer for the time being of said organisation shall be proper and sufficient discharge for the same.’
A residuary gift is the remainder of the estate once other gifts and payments have been made. This is popular because it takes care of your loved ones first and is not devalued by inflation.
This is a particular named item, for example a piece of jewellery.
A reversionary gift allows you to leave assets for the care of a loved one for the duration of their life. When they die, your gift will then go to your chosen beneficiary.
To change your will, you can also make a separate document, called a codicil, which is like an update added to the end of your will. This document, again signed by you and your witnesses, should set out clearly and accurately the changes you want to make to your will. These changes are then legally binding.